• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Ilma/any diplomats/leaders

that's all there is

There is so much diplomacy amongst the Kingdoms. Noah has heard stories about it, or at least about the Kingdoms of old. Rhonen was a prince of sorts, after all, the son of one who was once a Queen and another who was a Prince. But he’d never ascended any sort of throne, and he’d raised his daughter half-wild in the common lands, choosing not to settle anywhere since he could not go home. Noah doesn’t think Rhonen would have lived as long as he did, except that her mother had dumped her into his lap and disappeared, and he was the sort who couldn’t not raise his child.

All of Rhonen’s stories had centered less around the ruling of Kingdoms in itself, and more about his family, with the dramas of Kingdoms simply the setting in which the families’ stories played out. Sometimes, Noah dreams about them, dreams herself into her family’s lives, though she’s never met a single one of them. The Sanctuary sounds like someplace Rhonen had always described, a place he would have been at home, and it makes her heart hurt. The little mare ducks her head for a moment, fighting back the emotions, lifting her face back to Ilma only when she is sure there will be no tears.

“I don’t know what importance the Pampas will have,” she says tentatively, “as I simply intend to keep it as a place for the family I hope to find. I doubt we will have many warriors to protect anybody. But anyone peaceful is always welcome, and we will provide what aid we can to our allies.” She hesitates, and in the end doesn’t mention healing – for now. If Lepis and Wolfbane form an alliance with the East and think she can help someone, she’s sure that they will tell her. In the meantime, she doesn’t trust strangers well enough to advertise her gift, and she doesn’t really trust the gift itself.

She can’t speak to what Loess and Sylva have worked out, but she can’t help but add; “The Pampas is aligned with Loess. While I hope that Sylva will remain peaceful, we don’t have a relationship with them yet.”

noah

IDK who's next? @[Kagerus]?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Ilma/any diplomats/leaders - by Noah - 01-02-2019, 11:32 PM