• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    As she walked all that I can say was...;LILY and family
    Leliana

baby, when I'm in your arms, I can make honest sense of love and war's alarms

She shines beneath the praise, beneath the warmth in his eyes, and her smile is brilliant as it cuts a path across her face. “You are too kind to me,” she says demurely, tucking her head down slightly and looking up at him through her lashes. He was such a good friend—someone so steady, so even-keeled—and she couldn’t imagine life without him now. He was such a constant in her life, and she felt greedy for how much she has come to rely on it. But she doesn’t pull away now, doesn’t stop the warmth that spreads through her bones at the sunshine of his companionship. Instead, she just leans into it, sighing softly.

“I wish I was a warrior. I know so many strong horses. They fight and protect. I wish I could do that for my loved ones.” Dovev who wasn’t afraid of anything. Vulgaris who would shred apart his very body to defend his loved ones. Even Heartfire, although the name caused her heart to wrench, who disintegrated the very earth, dragging it all to dust, to keep those in her care protected. They could all do so much.

And what could Leliana do but patch them up in the aftermath?

She frowns slightly, looking down at the ground and swallowing back the disappointment and the self-hate. When she glances up again, her features are washed clean of the doubt. She just smiles softly, her crimson lips barely curling in the corners. “I’m okay, I think.” A pause. “Still cold though, even after all is said and done. I sometimes wonder if I will ever truly feel warm again.” The swim through the ocean and the trek across the snow had frozen her down to her bones. It would take a long time for it to thaw.

but there's something primal underneath and it drives this nothingness I seek

@[Chaol]
    [Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    RE: As she walked all that I can say was...;LILY and family - by leliana - 12-29-2018, 11:28 PM