• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what a sight for sore eyes; ryatah
    “What have I become, my sweetest friend?
    Everyone I know goes away in the end."

She has lost track of the number of years that have passed since that day in the Dale. Too many things have happened since then; she’s died and been back at least twice, but she isn’t sure why. She had no task that needed to be completed, no unfinished business, honestly just no discernable reason for death to not keep her. The curse of her immortality seemed to be that she was destined to awaken every day, without fail, until the earth finally disintegrated to ash and dust.

Perhaps the boredom that sat like lead in her bones is why she has been subconsciously intent on destroying anything good life had ever offered her. Anything to break up the monotony she had been trapped in for over a hundred years.

She is surprised, though, when an almost forgotten scent hits her. He is perhaps the only one that can elicit that strange jump-start in her heart, the kind when something startles you and for a moment your blood rushes and your skin flushes cold. She has spent her life living with monsters, obeying their every whim – until, of course, she doesn’t – but he would always be the top tier.  She recovers from her surprise, with a tip of her shapely head, as though she is adjusting her gaze to take him in, even though they both know, better than anyone, that it is a useless endeavor.
    ”Carnage,” his name is said with a strange little smile, and she is tranquil and accepting beneath his touch, as she adds with a lilt of amusement to her voice, ”You must be terribly bored, to be here amongst us mortals.” Her own pale muzzle touches his neck, just briefly; he is the only one where she is cautious of her boundaries, even though having him so close again is an odd sort of thrill.

His touch lingers over the hollowed and scarred sockets, the blemishes of his own creation, and again she replies lightly, ”Don’t you grow tired of being asked for things?” He knows that she is not that foolish. His gifts always came at a price.
    RYATAH
    you could have it all, my empire of dirt

Messages In This Thread
    what a sight for sore eyes; ryatah - by Carnage - 12-29-2018, 06:49 PM
    RE: what a sight for sore eyes; ryatah - by Ryatah - 12-29-2018, 10:59 PM