• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We are the warriors, Flamevein

He was no fool. She no more thought him a king then she thought of him as a lover. However, he was content to put off that aura, that kingly demeanor wrought of his own supreme confidence in himself and his abilities. A crown was perhaps a long term goal of his. Often he’d imagined the weight of a crown upon his head, and had found his imagination had enjoyed the sensation. He enjoyed power in all forms, and a title beside his name would certainly grant him that. But for now he was content to stay in the shadows, so to speak. To learn and watch and absorb what he could from those around him. Long gone was the reckless colt who thirsted for nothing but destruction dealt from his flames. That colt had been replaced with a reckless stallion, but such recklessness was coupled now with a cunning that was hard to surpass.

“I’m no king, darling. I don’t have near enough experience.” he said, feigning disbelief at her assumption. A smile curled the corners of his lips, but it was a fickle thing that failed to reach past his mouth. “I can imagine if you were dead, you’d smell like a rotten pile of shit and would be most unbearable to be around. Thank goodness for all of us that you escaped true death and your flesh is still all in one place.” he laughed hollowly, swishing his black tail over his haunches and leaving embers in its wake. Truth be told, this was the longest conversation he’d ever had with anyone. He enjoyed the banter, or as much as was possible for him to do, given his true nature. She was a worthy adversary to his sharp tongue. “Well, Carnage is my father, so I suppose one could say that coming here was my…birth right, for lack of a better word. The promise of something more than the mundane keeps me here. I want the world at my feet, and what better way to get such a thing than to join the most powerful kingdom in Beqanna?”

flamevein
    i set fire to the rain

Messages In This Thread
    We are the warriors, Flamevein - by Librette - 04-05-2015, 11:13 PM
    RE: We are the warriors, Flamevein - by Flamevein - 04-07-2015, 02:40 PM
    RE: We are the warriors, Flamevein - by Librette - 04-07-2015, 07:53 PM