• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    it harms like a lamb; leilan

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    If he’d just said ‘hi’ in passing, he’s quite certain she would not have said a word back. Even now, she assumes much of his reasons, and hardly wants to acknowledge him. That is until he apparently strikes a nerve.

Oops - well, he’s not exactly very sorry about it. He knows something now, right? That she is still evasive (oh, just hiding behind an angry mask, but people do that only when they’re upset - people like himself, for one). That he’s not supposed to talk about it because it probably hurts if she thinks too much on it. But he can do that. And not because of her death glares - just because in the end, he might like her.

She says she doesn’t care about his hopes for her, and he looks at her without a word. Silence usually brings out more words, but in her case she opts for a direct attack instead.

Too bad for her intentions, but he has ice in his veins. It doesn’t harm him as it would somebody else; that’s the reason he lives here, claimed this island months ago. He belongs.

As she walks around him, inspects him - no other word for it - he stands like a statue. He’s good at that, sometimes. Her words are harsh and yet, he thinks he knows why. So he doesn’t really have to answer. It’s only at her assumption that this is all for his personal fun and that he can’t handle what she is, that he turns his head to look at her, the icy blue shining decidedly cold as he does so. Once, he made assumptions like that which earned him enemies he didn’t need. His gaze brightens a little after that. You’re not boring, at least.” After all, that’s what the world is. A boring place where everybody just feeds and sleeps and shits; it’s a purpose that draws him out, whatever it may be. To not be boring is the ultimate goal. That’s where she, and everybody else, fails to see what he is - not good. Not bad either. Just bored and looking for every distraction he can find. True, he loves his lady. So making her happy is one purpose - one reason not to go flip side every now or then. But honestly, without her... who knows?

So instead of leaving, he gives her a wide grin. ”If only I weren’t so stupid. But you know... I think we could be symbiotic.” Instead of attacking him she could have just continued walking and ignoring him. But she wasn’t as disinterested as she said she was.

If that was good or bad remained to be seen, still, sure - but perhaps it wouldn’t be so bad to team up. If, at least, she was interested in working out something that would benefit herself, too.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Kora]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    it harms like a lamb; leilan - by Kora - 12-03-2018, 11:46 PM
    RE: it harms like a lamb; leilan - by Leilan - 12-08-2018, 08:40 AM
    RE: it harms like a lamb; leilan - by Kora - 12-11-2018, 02:40 PM
    RE: it harms like a lamb; leilan - by Leilan - 12-12-2018, 07:05 AM
    RE: it harms like a lamb; leilan - by Kora - 12-17-2018, 12:16 AM
    RE: it harms like a lamb; leilan - by Leilan - 12-18-2018, 04:12 PM
    RE: it harms like a lamb; leilan - by Kora - 01-09-2019, 12:41 PM