• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    As she walked all that I can say was...;LILY and family
    Leliana

baby, when I'm in your arms, I can make honest sense of love and war's alarms

It has been a long time since she’s seen the purple of Chaol and it has caused worry to grip her.

During that time, she has not been idle.

She has traveled endlessly between the Pampas and the Island, doing her best to support Tiphon and Cress and their mission to heal whoever arrived there—including Dovev, Heartfire, and their brood. She has also answered the call of the faeries, and she bears the mark of her adventure on her back, the thin tattoo of a cedar now trailing up her spine and branching out across her barrel.

But she has still worried over him, thoughts of him never far from her mind.

When she finally sees him, the purple and vibrant colors of his feathers sending her heart flying. She immediately launches forward, her wings shifting as she runs, turning from red down to the purple of his coat. She doesn’t stop until she collides into her friend’s side, until she can press her head into the curve of his neck and breath him in. “Chaol,” she says softly, under her breath. “I have missed you so much.”

He had been a constant in one of the worst times of her life, an anchor when she had needed stability, and she would never forget what he had done for her—what he had meant to her. She pulls back only slightly so that she can look him in the eye, study his face. She is healed, of both the plague and the exhaustion that had dogged her the first time they had met, and it is perhaps the first time that he has seen her in full health. She is slender, her eyes bright, and her coat glossy, having regained its typical sheen.

“How have you been?”

Her healing unwinds from her and she presses it into him, rooting out whatever aches and pains may ail him even as her lips press a friendly kiss to his cheek. “Tell me everything you have been doing.”

but there's something primal underneath and it drives this nothingness I seek

[Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    RE: As she walked all that I can say was...;LILY and family - by leliana - 12-15-2018, 07:16 PM