• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Ilma/any diplomats/leaders

{ and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times }

After the hassle and relative nightmare of getting everyone to Icicle Isle, I have to breathe a sigh of relief when the night comes for Ilma and I to teleport to the Brilliant Pampas. It's not exactly close, but only having to bring one person with me instead of two happens to be super helpful. Plus, my most long-standing council member and I haven't had a moment to ourselves since... Well, since I "had" Abysm, I think. God, that was ages ago - literal years by now.

As twilight sinks into dusk, Ilma and I stand along the base of a mountain, quietly grazing as our eyelids grow heavy. Occasionally we speak, our voices hushed, for there is not much to speak loudly about these days; the plague has sank its teeth into many of our loved ones, and that alone is worthy of silence. When a particularly strong gust of wind blows and Ilma's feathers become ruffled, I step to her and restraighten them, though they are quickly fading with the fall of the sun.

Eventually, we fall asleep. I think of Solace for some time, visiting her for a few hours since we've been apart for nearly a week due to these diplomatic trips, before finding myself in Ilma's consciousness. I make sure she is comfortable with my presence, continuously reaffirming the reality of what is going to happen to her potentially disillusioned dream self, before finally feeling confident enough to commit to the leap. Readying myself, I attach my mental self to hers, and we teleport.

Arriving whole on the other side, I open my eyes to true brilliance - the Pampas' name holds up.

"Hopefully this goes well," I murmur to Ilma. "I haven't the slightest clue as to who lives here."

KAGERUS

Caretaker of The Sanctuary
    Lover of Solace
    Immortal, antlered Dreamweaver

@[Ilma] Smile
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Ilma/any diplomats/leaders - by Kagerus - 12-15-2018, 03:42 AM