• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye. (Scorch, any)
    joscelin

For a moment, the tension feels nearly thick enough to slice. But once she has announced herself, declaring who she seeks, a small amount of that heavy pressure is released. Joscelin does not sigh in relief, nor does she relax as others might. She had never been terribly strained to begin with. Her golden eyes continue to study the hairless woman, frankness and a faint hint of curiosity in her gaze. This woman – this queen – could teach her much. It is not in her nature to sit idly while the world passes her by. She could already sense that the same is true of this mare. She knows that Scorch can help her to realize her own goals and dreams. Even had she not clearly known why she was here, she would know this.

Unexpectedly, the Jungle around them darkens. Though it is not total blackness, it takes a moment for her eyes to adjust. Her golden eyes fix upon the woman with interest, her flashing skin bright within the darkness. Quite suddenly, the light blinks out, the cracks scoring her body black against her red and white coat. Her perceptive gaze catches Scorch’s for a long moment. She listens quietly as the woman speaks, asking her if her father had sent a message. In truth, it was not her father that had sent her so much as her brother. Neither had sent a message. The arrangement had been made, the deal struck, and as far as the broken girl is aware, there is naught else to say.

I have no message. My brother has ascended the throne, though he is aware and willing to uphold your arrangement with my father.

She quiets as Scorch continues speaking, asking after her daughter and another boy. She blinks as the girl’s name causes recognition to flare within her. Though she had not seen Ea within the Dale, she had met her some time ago in the meadow. At the time, she had not known that the stoic girl who had come across her felling ancient oaks was the very same daughter who would be princess in the Dale. Given this revelation, she thinks briefly that she will have to seek her out again. Surely she could not be too difficult to find.

Of Ea, I neither saw nor heard anything. I did see a strange young stallion a time before I left, though I did not meet him, so I cannot say with certainty that it was Dalten. I’m sure my brother would be happy to inform me of their safe arrival.

She meets the woman’s hard gaze with her own bright one. She could readily and easily return to the Dale for such information. For someone who would need to walk, the journey would likely take several hours. For her, the journey would take only a handful of minutes. It is an advantage she would willingly and happily use.

there's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye

html c insane | pictures c nazo-the-unsolvable.deviantart.com and akharlamov.deviantart.com

Messages In This Thread
    RE: There's a song in your lung and a dream in your eye. (Scorch, any) - by Joscelin - 08-01-2015, 02:21 PM