• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Breckin and babies
    you were a vision in the morning 
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you ;

Even though she is sick and weak, she is also incredibly stubborn. When her father said that Breckin was safe on Icicle Isle, she had done her best to be content with that. But as she was so prone to do, she became restless. They are late into spring now, and she knows that the spotted mare must have had her baby by now; her half sibling, but somehow it didn’t seem “half”. Breckin had been in her life for so long, she was like a second mother to her. And with Rhaegor back in Tephra, for now, she has nothing to distract her from this perpetual illness. 

She travels as far north in Nerine as she can, to the point that when she squints, she can see the shores of Icicle Isle. With a shuddering breath, she slips into the cold water, cringing at the way it makes her skin sting. After a few moments in the frigid sea she can feel her muscles going numb, and a cough threatening in her lungs but she smothers it away. 

It isn’t long before she clamors up the icy bank, gasping for breath and finally releasing the cough that completely wracks her body, blood spraying across the snow. She quickly wipes it away, ignoring the way she is completely fatigued from the journey. She shivers in the cold, almost immediately regretting her decision, but she presses on, and she heads south, assuming Breckin wouldn’t be keeping her baby in the middle of a frozen tundra. 

Gradually, it grows a little bit warmer. The snow slowly begins to lessen, but her body is still shivering uncontrollably, from the fever and from still being damp. Finally, in the distance, through fever-glossed eyes, she finds her target. ”Breckin!” Even though her voice is joyous, it is weak and hoarse, but she forces her tired legs into a trot. 

As soon as she is close enough she wraps her neck around her, careful to not wipe any blood on her, her eyes closing for a moment in exhaustion. Everything about the gold-blazed filly is a wreck right now. The illness has caused her to drop weight, her eyes were watery from fever, and her muzzle still held the dried residue of blood from coughing — not to mention the only partially healed bite from Ivar on her shoulder. Finally, she pulls away, and when she realizes there is not one, but two newborn babies, she gasps before squealing out excitedly, ”Oh my gosh, you had twins!” 

She lowers her head towards the two little girls, noting how they both had golden manes and tails - just like her blaze. She refrains from touching them, knowing what an awful mess she looked like, but she smiles at them all the same, offering in her soft, sweetened voice, ”I’m your guys’ big sister, Chryseis. I’m going to show you exactly how to drive dad crazy.” Lifting her head with a giggle, she turns her glittering brown eyes back to Breckin and asks,”What are their names?”

chryseis.
    and i'm still waking every morning but it's not with you

@[Breckin]

@[Eurwen]

Messages In This Thread
    I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Breckin and babies - by Chryseis - 12-02-2018, 10:01 PM