• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I feel it running through my veins; Perse

i wanted pomegranates—
    i wanted darkness—
    i wanted him.

She is still debating running when Joscelin comes closer. She can feel the hurt already, the ache of being forgotten, and for the first time in a long time she thinks of her mother, and wonders if this is how she felt, too, when Spyndle looked upon her blank-eyed.
    (She only knows pieces of that great and terrible love story, she was not in her mothers’ care for long enough to learn the whole tale – He had come, and that was all that she wrote.)
    But she doesn’t have time to run (she wouldn’t have – she pretends it was an option, but truth is, she was grounded as soon as she saw her). So the cracked mare moves closer, and Perse’s eyes flutter closed, unable to bear such proximity.
    She feels the soft exhale of breath on her forehead, the velvet softness of her, touching, exploring.
    Remember me, she thinks, but doesn’t say, please, remember me.

Joscelin pulls away, and she is immediately aware of her absence, a hollow feeling, and she wonders what she has done to herself, to reopen this wound. She wonders, if given a chance, if she would have run.
    The question, then, another tug at her heart, and she exhales. They are still so close, it’s a wonder she can breathe at all.
    “We met in the meadow,” she says, “long ago. We knew the same god.”
    There’s so much more, but it’s all she can manage.

p e r s e
    ------------------------------cordis x spyndle

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I feel it running through my veins; Perse - by perse - 12-02-2018, 07:05 PM