• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I feel it running through my veins; Perse

I need that fire just to know that I'm awake

There is an echo in the breeze, as though it is trying to remind her of things lost to the traces of history. But she cannot quite untangle those faint strains, cannot pick out the notes she should know from the endless whispers. Instead the wind points her in another direction.

Joscelin?

Her name on another’s tongue startles her. She’d been so lost trying to hear non-existent things that she had failed to notice that which stood right in front of her. And as her eyes settle on the silver figure, she is caught in the gleaming beauty of the woman who had uttered her name. Her heart tumbles curiously in her breast, as though it recognizes the one who stands before her. But that cannot be. She is far too lovely for someone like she, with an ethereal grace that speaks of things beyond her knowledge. Why would she have ever had anything to do with a broken thing like her?

“You know me?” she asks, a faint frown tugging at the cracks etching her features. Perhaps the better question was does Joscelin know her? But a part of her is afraid of that answer. Worried that it is not an answer she would care for.

But for all those tumbling question, there is still a visceral tug that draws her closer. Something she would not look too closely at, even if she could have found the answers. Perhaps it is only her wild imaginations, or perhaps it is something more, but she thinks she would greatly wish to know her better.

Not for the first time, she silently curses the memories that still elude her.

She draws slowly nearer, golden eyes wary and wild and wanting, until they are close enough to touch. But she does not reach out (no matter how much she wishes to, if for no other reason to see if she is real). “You’re beautiful,” she finally whispers, an unwitting echo of a lost memory. “Who are you?”

Joscelin

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I feel it running through my veins; Perse - by Joscelin - 11-19-2018, 01:44 PM