• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

could i use you as a warning sign; Carwyn
    When she does not respond to his touch – at least, not anything more than her soft smile and acceptance - the kelpie grows bolder, and his soft white mouth moves toward the dark fall of Carwyn’s mane. He grooms her gently, and is glad that she cannot read his expression from the angle at which they stand. She speaks of a sanctuary, a place for the weak and helpless.

How unappealing.

Ivar’s grimace is hidden in the teeth that carefully smooth the overo mare’s mane, and she cannot see the golden eyes that roll at her suggestion. Where has Carwyn been these most recent years? Hyaline is renowned as a sanctuary state, and Tephra fancies itself a haven for those searching for a sense of family. Beqanna is already full of lands just like she imagines. Why does she not go there? What use is there in having a world of sanctuaries?

Why not dream of bigger things? Of being the reason the world needs protection? For a moment Ivar is lost in his imagination. A world spread wide at his hooves, one where he need not hide his hunts. One where he can seek whatever prey he chooses, and damn the consequences.

Now that is appealing.

“Not unless they have a purpose.” Ivar answers, rather certain that such men are few an far between. There might be exceptions, he thinks, his mind flicking to Lochwood, to Castile, to Lothbrook. “Or unless they are family.”

“We need diplomats for what I have in mind,” the kelpie says. He doesn’t address her ideas for Ischia at all; they are inconsequential. Ivar does not care for her opinions. “I’d wanted Karat for that, but her brother was too jealous to let her stay without him.” This is how Ivar sees it, of course, he cannot fathom that Karat might have left of her own free will, disappointed that he had ignored the bargain they had nearly struck.

@[Carwyn]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a warning sign; Carwyn - by Ivar - 11-12-2018, 07:21 PM