• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  [Magnus] i don't wanna slow dance in the dark, the dark;

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

There are few times in his life Magnus considers truly peaceful and now, looking at the women at his side and the child that bounds around them, my be one of them. His gold-flecked eyes darken with appreciation and thought as he falls silent, her words washing over him. He has never been one to be particularly verbose, although his tongue can run away with him when incensed, and he appreciates that she allows him the silences now, filling it occasionally with her thoughts but not pressing him on it.

When she presses her nose into his neck, he leans into the touch, eyes closing on a deep breath.

“I will never forget what I have,” he says quietly. He would never forget the moment when he sat perched on the edge of the mountain, fear driving them higher and higher, seeking the face of hope. He would never forget each time his kingdom mates placed their trust in him, giving him the mantle and entrusting his scarred hands on the wheel. He was never not grateful for their continued trust in him.

He glances back at her, one corner of his scarred lip lifting into a smile. “All of us is more than enough.” The people of Tephra were strong, stern, and he knew that they could stand up to whatever challenges rose before them now. It didn’t matter what came to their doorstep. He would be there to greet it, and he had all of the confidence in the world that they would rise up to overcome any challenges.

Still, his attention is stolen when the child scampers up and leans down to brush his lips over her forehead before she slides to the ground. He smiles, features softening as he takes in the sight of his child sleeping by his feet. Making sure to remain still, he leans over and presses his cheek against her neck, taking a deep breath. “Big jaguars tire too,” he murmurs, voice thick with a tiredness that so rarely caught up with him. Closing his eyes, he inhales deep before exhaling slowly. “Perhaps I will rest for just a while.”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [Magnus] i don't wanna slow dance in the dark, the dark; - by magnus - 11-11-2018, 08:10 PM