• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

To love is to burn, to be on fire - Magnus

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

Her absence has not gone unnoticed by the golden stallion.

It has ripped at him, tearing at him as he patrolled Tephra, his eyes always roaming for signs of her. He had not seen her since she had greeted him back into the kingdom, welcoming him with a love that was completely undeserving, given his absence. Still, she had not held it against him. She had not made him feel horrible or put guilt on his shoulders. She had just embraced him and welcomed him back in.

And then disappeared.

And he could no longer ignore the worry gnawing in his belly.

So, today, he ventures deeper. He searches further. For so long he has argued with himself that she is a grown woman—capable of handling her own affairs—and that he would just be a meddling father to hunt her down, but he can no longer justify it. So he spends the morning looking, the sunshine of Tephra’s winter mild and comfortable, the air clear with the ocean breeze that rolls through the land.

His feet carry him to the base of the volcano, the same mountain he had ventured to with Amorette and Lucrezia (another who had gone mysteriously missing in the past months). He wonders if she has returned here and he begins to pick his way through the path, not stopping until he sees the sun glint off the metallic strands in her hair. Relief floods through him as he makes his way toward her, watching the way her tired face relaxes as sleep tangles in her. “Daughter,” he whispers as he steps into the cave, brushing his nose along her neck to wake her gently. “I have missed you. Where have you been hiding?”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: To love is to burn, to be on fire - Magnus - by magnus - 11-05-2018, 01:31 AM