• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm still waiting for the world to end; Else
    fiasko
    She waits for what seems like an age, dark eye taking in the endless expanse of sand before her. The kingdom is pretty in its own way - the endless sea of shifting golden grains - but she doesn’t think it’s a place she could ever live. She would miss the green too much - the thick forests, the endless fields of green grass, the little creeks that burble through them. They were the things that had made the Gates home as a child. She would miss them too much.

She begins to tire of waiting and is considering returning back to the Gates (surely they must have voted by now!), when an odd sliding sound reaches her ears. Her ears perk up and her eye narrows.

Suddenly, a little filly pops out of seemingly no where. The little champagne girl freezes, staring at Fiasko's. Fiasko is used to staring, but is rather surprised to note that this girl is neither afraid nor horrified. She appears simply startled. Suddenly she’s on the move again, yelling at Fiasko to not go anywhere, and disappearing over a dune.

Fiasko watches, bemused, as the girl’s tail disappears across the sand. Well that had been odd. She briefly thinks of leaving, but her curiosity gets the better of her. She settles her feet into the sand and waits.

Some time later, when the sun has risen higher in the sky, the girl returns, followed by a champagne mare that must be her mother. Fiasko is about to call out to her, introduce herself, when she finally sees the mare’s face.

She’s frozen, numb, staring unbelieving at the mare in front of her, her heart in her throat. The world fades away, and all she can see is the mare’s face. The faintest memory trickles in - of warmth, of a strong heartbeat at her side. “I …” She takes a trembling step forward, still in a daze. The mare is speaking now, but she barely registers it. The words trickle in oh so slowly. “I know you …” She feels like there’s something in her memory, just beyond her reach. If only she can reach out a little farther …
    i'm still waiting for the world to end

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm still waiting for the world to end; Else - by Fiasko - 07-28-2015, 06:35 PM