• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; any
    litotes

News travels fast across Beqanna: the plague is spreading at a deadly rate and there are only a few safe havens. Silver Cove being one of them, Lie knows that most of Hyaline’s former residents will not be too keen on leaving its pure embrace. Responsibility follows all, though, and he cannot refuse the way it taunts him. Hyaline is still his heart - he will traverse its welcoming mountains as if nothing ever happened (at least that is what he thinks, for he is unaware of the way his body tenses).

Solace and Kagerus are truly wonderful leaders: listening to their people and doing what is right while also abiding by what the Kingdom wants. Lie admires their leadership, wonders if he will one day be as wise and as kind as they are. He hopes that in protecting Hyaline (or at least that is what he calls it), hovering about the land that will always be his, he will learn something of the sacrifice and care they express.

Lie wanders, no end in sight, for he can stay amongst the cold air of the mountains forever.

Upon the breeze a stranger’s scent floats - ears pricking forward, poised and primed to follow whoever is wandering through the territory. Lie picks up his pace, cantering until he can see the palomino and white stallion. Without thought or hesitation he calls -

“Hey!”

- now slowing to a friendly trot. He moves to catch up with the man: pressing further up the mountain with slow determination (he will not allow him to escape).

“What are you doing in Hyaline? You can get sick out here . . .

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

@[Leander]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: take a bullet to the heart just to keep you safe; any - by litotes - 11-03-2018, 10:14 PM