• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Let me apologize to begin with... Lilitha
    Lilitha

I watch the city burn, these dreams like ashes float away...

She’d forgotten. It had been years since anyone had touched her; she’d forgotten the way it could wash over you, warm you up inside, make everything feel...better. If only for a moment. She sighed and hugged him tighter, held him longer, breathing him in and savoring the feeling of belonging, knowing it would be all too brief. She tucked it away, stored it up for the day he’d leave again and she’d be all alone.

Or maybe she’d only have a moment before he slipped away this time, not days or weeks of remembering what it could feel like before it was all gone again. It was in his name, wasn’t it? They were together for such brief, fleeting moments, flashes of togetherness shining in the dark and then fading into memories as soon as he was gone. Maybe a moment was all she’d ever have.

His lips traced the scar along her back, and she drew in a shaky breath, not quite a gasp, as a delicious shiver ran through her. Oh… She pressed a little closer, dragged her lips gently along his spine, and murmured, “I missed you too, Mo.”

But he was gone again, pulling just out of reach as fiery little rocks rained down around them. Lilitha snuffed out any stray sparks with a thought, going quiet, withdrawing a little too. “It’s good to see you,” she said softly, a tinge of sadness coloring her voice. “It’s been too long.” She ducked her head, gaze on the ground, letting silence stretch out between them until she peeked up at him again. “You’ve been well, I hope?”

...your voice I never heard, only silence.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Let me apologize to begin with... Lilitha - by Lilitha - 11-03-2018, 12:31 AM