• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    Build it from the ground up (claiming) - Any

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    Busy, busy busy. More busy.

Not him, mind you. He's very much pretending not to hear all the fusses, Carnage yelling in their heads and sending images, then fairies yelling and suddenly the ground shook and everything was changed.

Shit.

That's the only appropriate thought he's had so far. The rest - where are the kids, what are they doing, what is Breckin thinking, why is Brennen here, where the fuck is everybody gone to - that's just rambling through his head so very unappropriately.

But he remembered. Like he told Sarkis. Icicle Isle is safe. So, even though he knows that Breckin is already doing all she can to make sure Nerine is a safe place, he still goes to check it out. Heartfire is already there - sneaky little niece; okay, maybe not so little any more. In fact he's quite sure she's older than he, though he can't be sure because Shah hadn't exactly informed him of his life, when Leilan was still pretty much a baby - either way, she is already there, and when he arrives, several others do, too.

He doesn't have wings, he doesn't have magic. He's here now, though, and joins the group with an icy stare to Castile. "Perhaps it's escaped your notice in the disarray, but your queen is very much working towards an inhabitable safe place. We can't all be in the same place, like you weren't at the gathering, Castile, so you wouldn't be able to know that, would you." He huffs with an irritated slash of the golden hairs to his hocks. Really. She turned her head once to address Brennen's sudden visit and at that same time she was supposed to lay claim to a land she had already sent Heartfire to? Perhaps Castile shouldn't have so much time living under on a rock. Off coast. Without further interactions with the kingdom he was supposed to protect.

And now threatened to leave, or at least, that's what he heard in it.

But Castile's minor concerns are not something he wants to address at the moment. "If you want to waste your time bickering over a plain of ice, be my guest. You," he says to the algae-coloured mare, "are someone we can't entirely trust. So you better come up with a plan to make this claim of yours work, because right now, you're facing Nerine, and Nerine doesn't need a threatening neighbour at the moment. It needs a safe place for their children. Though..." he looks around. "without subjects I wouldn't dare call you a kingdom. More like queen of the tiny snowflake." A smirk. A raised brow to Heartfire and Djinni - refugees? Pah. If Nerine doesn't claim this land as a subkingdom, he sure as hell still wouldn't want to bow before a mare he doesn't know to be let in. Might as well run straight into Pangea then.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Castile] Avion is away and due to return this saturday/sunday. :|
    I see you're not in the Nerine Discord chat which made you unaware of the plans and the discussion about this, so, this is what I could think of to make it work IC (:.
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Build it from the ground up (claiming) - Any - by Leilan - 11-02-2018, 02:55 PM