• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

oh you'll be strong, you'll hold on; any
    Everybody was way too scared to hear her, rushing past Xero in a panic and taking no time to listen to a stray, small voice in the chaos. Just as she was giving up on anybody stopping to help one poor little lost girl in the midst of the world basically ending, a soft voice rasped, “I can help you.”

She peeked up at the stranger, soft pale gold eyes shining with unshed tears. Ohhh. There was something familiar in the shape of her, in the golden color of her coat, but Xero couldn’t place it. “You can?” she asked softly, hope sparking back to life in the raise of her head, the prick of her ears, the way her scruffy little tail wiggled a happy little wiggle. “Really?”

She leapt to scurry over and sneak a snuggle. Her new friend coughed and warned her off, though, and she pulled up short in her immediate dash to cuddle up close to really anyone who would have her. “Oh! Oh no, okay. I hope you feel better soon!” She shifted her weight back and forth, all that bouncy cuddle me energy redirected into nervous fidgeting.

“It’s nice to meet you, Cress. I'm Xero. And I'm...well, I'm okay I guess, like I’m not sick or nothin’, but I dunno where to go. Everybody's scurrying away different directions, and I only really know the forest and the river, and not any of the other places. And I don't got nobody to tell me. Can you tell me how to find a safe place?”

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh you'll be strong, you'll hold on; any - by Xero - 11-01-2018, 05:30 PM