• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // magnus/levi

I kept my hope just like i'd hoped to
    then sang to the sea for feelings deep blue

Well, after such an ordeal as that, he has decided to leave.

Temporarily, he tells himself at first, but with each step away from Hyaline, he wonders just how temporary his absence truly will be. He's not the first of the Queens' children to leave home (or is he?) so he doesn't think much of it, especially under the whole 'temporary' title thing. This remains especially true when he thinks of his siblings; he'll definitely be going back to see Sviko all the time, and he expects that Will will come visit him when he least expects it, but their childhood lives in Hyaline still, and so maybe the trip really will be temporary. Or at least, not permanent.

How about this: a change in venues, to see what there is to see.

At first, he's not really sure where he's going. Obviously not Loess or Sylva seeing as they are essentially enemies to mothers' kingdom. Nerine he brushes off instantly too when he considers that he's leaving home to escape all the women - it would be a little stupid of him to join the kingdom actually meant for that purpose. This leaves Ischia and Tephra, and he decides to decide later.

The strapping young stallion - if you could call an almost-two year old such a thing - walks some of the distance, figuring he ought to say goodbye to the Hyalinian scenery. But once his birth home dissolves into the commonground of the river, he finds efficiency more appealing than sentimentality; as such, it takes only a moment for the boy to unfurl his ash-brown wings, giving them a small shake to make sure they're quite ready for flight. With more powerful thrusts, he soon finds himself steadily ascending into the sky, leaving what he knew behind for good.

Temporarily.

He knows the Ischia and Tephra are due east, but he's surprised when he spots them both within five minutes of each other. A relatively experienced flyer by now, he takes some time to glide on the forgiving thermals as he tries to make some kind of decision about where to land. The Brotherhood is in Ischia, he knows, and he knows that some of his grandfather's family or at least acquaintances remain in Tephra. An internal debate ensues in which he wrestles with trying to decide one way or another; but once he realizes that he has left Ischia behind due to his inability to decide, he figures that that is decision enough.

As such, he lands on the Western beach of Tephra. The afternoon sun hits his sweaty, dappled figure in such a way that seems to leave him radiantly glowing, the shimmering blue leopard print markings lining his haunches standing out prettily against the darker gold of his coat. It's clear by the sinewy lines of his muscles that he is fit; but the clenching and unclenching muscle of his jaw is somewhat misleading in that that movement is likely to be the only movement of that region that anyone here ought to expect.

He doesn't know anyone here, he realizes.
    And they won't know him.

Rhaegor

@[magnus] @[Levi]
    [Image: rhae]

Messages In This Thread
    I kept my hope just like I hoped to // magnus/levi - by Rhaegor - 10-26-2018, 04:41 PM