• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

bury my love in the moondust; sviko
    He is not especially large yet, and Daedra suspects she could get a good smack to his head before he'd react. Nearly a twelve inches across and tipped with four massive claws, the lioness's right paw has stunned many an animal with a single blow. The yellow boy would take several hits to bring down; the calculations are instinctual despite her avoidance of this particular meal.

Despite the boy's initial shock, he recovers well, volunteering to scare the deer toward her. The lioness ponder this for a moment, her square face tilting as her yellow eyes narrow thoughtfully.

"If they let you get near enough," she acquiesces, hopeful that this boy might be more useful than her brothers. They are frightfully lazy, and Daedra suspect they'd starve without the help. The only other male cat she'd ever met had been equally useless. He'd never hunted at all!

Perhaps I will have better luck recruiting among the equine, she thinks. Someday she might even find one who can talk to to the deer and convince them to sacrifice themselves. For now, she will work with what she has.

"I'll be over there," She says, having turned to look over the fields behind her. A pair of trees stands not far from them, both with thick low branches. "Scare them that way."

Leaving him to stalk for the small herd I'd scented nearby (I assist with a pointed stare and nod in their direction), I turn for the trees, where I climb to a sturdy branch and wait. Lying in wait is not my favorite way of hunting, but it is the most efficient. If the boy scares the deer this way I will soon have a meal. And if he doesn't, well, I'll have to make due with the groundhogs I'd found a few hundred yards away.

@[Sviko]

Messages In This Thread
    bury my love in the moondust; sviko - by Daedra - 10-01-2018, 07:04 AM
    RE: bury my love in the moondust; kristin pony - by Daedra - 10-21-2018, 06:03 PM