• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We got too close to the flame - Scorch

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    Well, at least it stunned her.

Looking her over sternly, but just a little, he snorts. There's things to be upset about, but he's not sure if he's the one to blame her (he's not). But the thing is, this wasn't going to help them. This bickering over what she did - not when it was his own doings that had them snapping at each other's throats in the first place.

So when his mother turns her back on him, for him that's entirely too soon. His mind quickly weighs two options - asking her if this was why she never made it to see her grandchild in Hyaline like he'd told her to, or do as he did with Breckin.

Truth is, the latter felt more like it had a possibly good outcome than the first. "I was going to say I'm sorry." The words are there, but, the tone is rough. Slightly upset, too, because honestly, she just happened to rub him the wrong way and he's not quite sure if there could be any more sincere apology for yelling at her and not actually telling her what was going on back then in the meadow, not while both still had their daggers unsheathed.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Scorch] Since you said there was muse; he decided he had more to say.
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: We got too close to the flame - Scorch - by Leilan - 10-17-2018, 02:36 PM