• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  I tried to sell my soul last night; Tahti

Tähti
    we are stars wrapped in skin

Oh, but she had been weaned and immediately sent away - the circumstances had been different, however; Scorch had taken her in, and she had known her mother did not hate her; instead, she knew she would see her again soon enough. And the woman who'd cared for her had truly cared; so much so that she'd made her fight a twilight-built colt almost twice her size, without being told how to fight in the first place. Scarring for some, maybe. But she didn't have to do it alone, and apparently, she had some good battle instincts. She definitely did not have those from her mother, but...

Well, it's not like this guy was showing off or anything. She huffs at his answer. "Don't tell me you want pity now?" she frowns at him. He wasn't going to get it from her, at any rate. Not if he first insulted her three times over and then suddenly came up with an excuse from... yeah, definitely over a decade, ago.

His dismissive answer (of course, she'd expected something along those lines) gets her to laugh, and giggling, she follows him. He dives into a pond, swollen by the rain, and she follows after. Any Hyaline girl can swim. Even if they're dead-and-reborn. So even if he pulls her in, or she falls, that's fine. Unlike flying, swimming is something she doesn't need to wait on for months of wing-growing, before doing it.

He tries his best to soak her, and she shrugs a little. She tilts her head at him, and shakes her body, then retorts. "At least I have one." Stepping back, she sticks out her tongue. "What's your name anyway?" Now seemed as good a time to ask as any, and at least he was busy getting himself and her wet -since he wasn't constantly insulting her, she could get the word in. "You know, so I can avoid you."

the light you are searching
    has always been within
    ©Vanilla Custard

@[Ashhal]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I tried to sell my soul last night; Tahti - by Tähti - 10-17-2018, 02:13 PM