• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Wolfbane

WOLFBANE

A moment passes in silence, with the gentle clip of their heels to accompany the cursory scenery of scrub and creosote. Eventually they move beyond the outer rim of maze-like spires and mesa flats, red gone brown and fuzzy from the distance they’ve put behind them, and together Heartfire and Wolfbane meander into the more verdant of Loess territory, where tropical groups of palms and blooming hardwoods scattered themselves over grass-carpeted hillocks.

“Interesting. A twin.” The pegasus considers, looking away from the somewhat saddened expression his grandmere wore. His Aunt’s name was Rapture, and much like the shadow that covered Heartfire’s stone-blue eyes when Longclaw’s name was mentioned, this idea of her other offspring seems to hit equally as hard. Curiosity over the possible falling out sparks an idea in his mind, one to visit Tephra in search of his relative, but the truth of that thought doesn’t pass over his face or into Bane’s eyes when he returns to looking at the roan.

“And that’s too bad.” He smiles, honest. It meant that he had plenty of reason to return north, not that he’d ever do it anytime soon. Something about the slate cliffs and salty brine of the wind there still sat unwell in the pit of his gut. “But I don’t begrudge the thought of you happy.” Her grandson shrugs, swooping an adept mouth towards the ground for a quick bite. He swallows on her mention of retirement and with another cheeky glance at her flawless pelt, laughs aloud at the absurdity of her being fit for retiring from anything.

“You’re always welcome here anyways.” The stallion declares, “And if you ever need me, I don’t doubt you’ll know where to find me.”

|| The Pirate Lord of Loess ||

@[Heartfire]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 10-12-2018, 01:00 PM