• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I kept my hope just like I hoped to // kensa!

Kensa

Kensa has more to learn about Rhaegor, perhaps knowing about his abilities as a seer would have stopped her, or perhaps not as she is not not looking his way with the vision comes upon him. One day maybe she will learn to recognize when she is losing him to a future that only he can see. Or one day he will be even less known to her than he is now. She would not want that, not ever, but time will tell.

When she looks back at Rhaegor, her face is alight with that explorer’s fever that so often overtakes her. She only sees him shake his head--anxiously--but she is bold and has no qualms about delving into the unknown. ”It will be fun! Don’t worry!” She cajoles and steps forward. Kensa can hear Rhaegor splashing over to her from behind and takes this to be his yielding to her sense of adventure. She doesn’t see, doesn’t understand, and is racing towards the wild, pathless canyon before he can touch her. She would have stopped for him, turned into his touch and listened if he’d caught her in time.

She is a streak of molten chocolate and flaxen, climbing in strong steady lunches up the lake shore and into the trees in the rocky canyon. Slowing to a jaunty trot her footsteps echo against the snowing canyon walls where tumbledowns and scree slopes prohibit a horse of any size from scrambling up the mountains on either side unless they were able to shift into a mountain goat of some kind.

The chestnut mare pauses, realizing that Rhaegor is not right beside her. She stops and turns back to look between the trees from where she had come, waiting to catch sight of his bright face. A thread of anxiety scrambles up her throat and then, at her back, a sound like mewling snarl. Her eyes widen and she freezes like stone. ”Rhaegor…” She breathes, looking over her inside shoulder slowly afraid to see what she had walked into. Even brave Kensa is not prepared to face one hungry cat, much less two.

i'm burning like a fire gone wild on saturday
    guess i won't be coming to church on sunday
    i'll be waiting for love to come around

@[Rhaegor] AHH!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I kept my hope just like I hoped to // kensa! - by Kensa - 10-08-2018, 09:07 PM