• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  i feel a bad moon rising - Wolfbane

WOLFBANE

A pause between them has started lingering, hinting that in mentioning Arthas he’s upset Lepis. Bane locks his jaw, unreasonably frustrated that she would get miffed over something they’ve joked about for years. Because to him that’s what her reaction signals: a protective trigger to guard Arthas “unto death”, or however they’d agreed to stick together way back when.

Sometimes he thinks they couldn’t be more attuned to one another, and then he feels like they couldn’t be farther apart.

At least they’re physically close. Close enough for Wolfbane to just see the edges of her lips twitch into a look that unquestionably flattered her. Sharing wasn’t off-limits, it would seem. On numerous occasions he’d watched her shy away from exposure, (sometimes covering the scars he admired, ones which seemed like visible memories) and now it appears this place, along with the cover of darkness and a change of subject, has given her reason to open up again.

Aching sorely, he unclenches his teeth.

It’s quiet now, just the two of them. He wishes he could see her face; a longing builds to read the message hidden there. The sound of their mingled breathing weighs heavily enough to spur him on, another joke ready to fire off his tongue.

Lepis hugs him.

She reaches out on her own to hold him, meeting the resilience of stone when she squeezes because he’s frozen. How many times had he thought of this moment, only to push it further away from reality? How many times?

Once they leave here … “No, not again.” He resigns, having suffered the loss of Wishbone, letting Breckin go, and succumbing to demons in casual smiles. For some reason, the touch of this shadowy blue, perlino mare is a celestial sky of planets and the unknown, where most others had merely been singular stars or comets. If he left this place without trying everything he possibly could to explore that unknown, he’d hardly consider himself a man worthy of her at all.

“It doesn’t have to be a secret.” The quiet stallion wants to say, his mane bristling back into place once Lepis withdraws. Instead he promises, “You’re safe.” understanding that her threat shouldn’t be taken lightly. If he believed anyone capable of really killing him, he believed it was her.

“I still remember the first time we met.” He says, the words themselves hushed. “What changed? What could I have possibly done so right?”

|| The Pirate Lord of Loess ||

@[Lepis] Hopefully this is good enough D:
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - Wolfbane - by Lepis - 10-01-2018, 07:28 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - Wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 10-07-2018, 09:21 AM