• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  i feel a bad moon rising - Wolfbane
    His voice is a quiet whisper, a tone fitting this silver-lit world that is not quite dawn. I smile, though the reaction is all but hidden in shadow. The relief of not being followed by a ne'er do well does not fade away as I thought it might; if anything it grows stronger as I draw nearer the striped stallion. It doesn't feel quite like relief either, and I settle for calling the emotion Nameless, at least till such a time as I find words for it.

Whatever it is, it is warm and bubbling and utterly decimated by the mention of a marital spat.

Is that what this is? This bitterness that festers between Arthas and I? Though I can scarce remember a time in my life without the the dappled stallion, there is no doubt that things between us have changed. The trigger to this metamorphosis is clear; I feel trapped and miserable each moment I dwell within the autumn woods. But Sylva is where Arthas is, and so I attribute those emotions with my thoughts of him as well.

Coming here, to this 'Fort Hideaway', is an escape in more than one way.

'Maybe we could share.' He says, and the mischievous cant to his voice and the smirk bring back the Nameless again. I realize, all in a single instant, that I'd made a mistake. Sometime - some long ago time - I'd mistaken infatuation for love. I'd considered them a single emotion, which is not so surprising in a teenager that is guided by the first flush of pheromones. I'd clung to that blend of emotion for a year in Sylva, and projected it into myself when near my dappled king. Now, with him elsewhere and my defenses down, there is finally space for genuine emotion to seep into my mind.

I have no idea what to do with this realization.

What good is the sudden and complete knowledge of my own heart if there is nothing I can do about it? Wouldn't I have been better not knowing? I could make it it work with Arthas, I know, I could force my emotions into submission and give him a son like a good wife should.

But I am not a good wife. Perhaps I have never been.

I reach toward Wolfbane, unsure of my intentions but knowing without a doubt that this is, at last, something that I want. The bitterblood smell of Kaurma winds across his striped neck, and there is someone else too. I lay my head across his neck in sudden hug, and though my navy lips hover above his neck I cannot bring myself to kiss him with the reminder of his other women so close.

"If you tell anyone about this place, I'll have to kill you." I say instead, squeezing him firmly but briefly, and pulling away. Let him think it was a spontaneous and natural hug, I think to myself. He can't know it is the first time I have (truly) willingly touched anyone in nearly four years. There is a serious set to my face, but I refuse to drown out the Nameless love, even if there is no use for it. Not for me. Not with him.

okay so not what i expected but diff still Lepis lol
    @[Wolfbane]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - Wolfbane - by Lepis - 10-01-2018, 07:28 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - Wolfbane - by Lepis - 10-06-2018, 07:49 PM