• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Desolation comes upon the sky // Woolf/Heartfire

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

In the calm before the storm, Scorch thought she saw a flash of a smile on the magician's lips; but he stepped through a portal to join her within the kingdom bounds before she had a chance to gauge his expression, and by the time she turned to face him, the smile was gone. The emerald of his eyes caught her attention just as quickly however, reminding her in an almost uncomfortable way of the colour her natural eyes had been before the dragon dream. As Woolf spoke however, she kept these feelings carefully under wraps, though mentally she had no means by which to shield herself from his magics.

An unfortunate thing; for he pressed himself into her conscious almost immediately after voicing his first demand, sending an uncomfortable wrenching of nerves through the powerful woman. Her nostrils flared in a quiet exhalation of breath as he stood there, mind pressing against hers; she held his gaze as a grandmother should hold a naughty grandson's, knowing she had no control over him but that she still held an honorary authority over him.

Yet more unfortunate was the fact that, as he voiced his next question, their group number doubled. As the word ghosts flitted through the intensely salty air, first Heartfire rounded a corner and joined them, and then Khaleesi Breckin. It had been some time since Scorch saw either of these familiar faces, admittedly because she'd been hiding her pregnancy and her newborn child; it felt incredibly wrong to be thankful that Blue wasn't with her in this moment, but she was. And it showed in the way she settled her weight into one hip, cocking a brow at the subliminal antics of her present company.

"I happen to be able to talk to ghosts. And they all say hi, I'll have you know." She rolled her eyes humorously at this, sending a pointed glare to both Woolf and Breckin. "If you'd please, I'd like to talk about those who are alive if I may be so bold. Outlandish, I know." She chuckled a little at her own sarcasm before returning her mind to the question at hand, both the one that had been issued out loud, and the one which still rang in her mind.

"There are many reasons why Nerine would befit you, but these reasons take the form of the individuals who call this place home. Which is why the arrival of our Khaleesi and your sister is rather convenient. I would say that the draw of Nerine comes from her people; and I think that there's a part of you that can't deny that, cousin."

She cast her gaze to the other women present, a feeling of pride flowing across her as she recognized just how brilliantly powerful they all were, in their own rights. They didn't need to offer contracts to be worthy of respect and awe; their mere presences demanded such things. And they both stood here now because of Scorch, one way or another.

"But the beauty in my statement is that we may each have our own opinions as to why Nerine befits you." She left the sentence hanging, allowing either of her Sisters to give their own justifications as they saw fit.

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

[Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Woolf/Heartfire - by Scorch - 10-06-2018, 04:49 PM