• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I've got nothing to lose but you; yael/any

The red girl flinches back, briefly, as the colt pulls away from Yael to aim a ferocious stare in her direction. He seems to calm just as quickly as he had gone into "sentry mode", and Kabe relaxes in turn. Good thing for her, an abrupt attempt to try and get airborne to escape would have more likely resulted in herself sprawled upon the hot sands, an awkward pile of limbs and smug feathers. She sees Mama Yael beckoning her over, and quickly obeys, moving in closer until she stands next to the golden mare, nuzzling her in greeting. The filly listens as the introductions are made, and she turns to the hazel-eyed boy to offer him a friendly smile upon hearing that he is indeed adopted kin to her. She waves her right wing like a human might do with their hand upon meeting someone, though she feels a little silly while doing so.

Would he understand the gesture? Munroe seems....not simple, no. She's not sure of how to describe him until the word suddenly drops into her brain. Feral, yes. He was kin, in spirit, to the gazelles and the wild dogs who prowled the edges of the Desert. Did he consider her part of his family after their adoptive mother's proclamations? Kabechet hopes so. It would be good to have someone to play with, if he wanted to that was. Her smile deepens. "Hello. I'm Kabechet, but you can call me Kabe if you want to. I've never had a brother, not until Mama Yael found me. I hope you don't mind me being here, talking to you....." Was she saying too much? Babbling? Fearing that she's doing just that, she quiets herself so that Munroe can have a chance to answer.

kabechet

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I've got nothing to lose but you; yael/any - by Kabechet - 07-24-2015, 11:04 PM