• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Travelled half the world to say I belong to you - Breckin

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    She reacts offhandedly to his claim she has nothing to blame herself for; it’s instantly clear to him then that she beats herself up for it - a suspicion confirmed - and he looks at her like he would when reprimanding his daughter - but she neatly avoids this disproval of her reaction by fitting into a hug under his neck, asking if he really is staying this time then, and he just nods, thoughts preoccupied.

He wonders how much of a lesson it has really been for her; yes, she might now understand better that some horses just are dark on their own and will never really have remorse, that they get a kick from beating up and overpowering others, that there are sociopaths and narcissists in this world - but he doesn’t really believe she is ready for them. Hence the self-defense.

Probably not a bad idea. He frowns above her neck, seeing the bitemark clearly from there. ‘Probably not bad’ doesn’t begin to cover it in his opinion, so he huffs. ”If I wanted to, you’d be dead by now, love. You’re far too late to respond to an attack.” He moves to nudge her shoulder from his position, and look her in the eye, taking a step back. ”Rule number one. Keep the distance. No-one can bite what they can’t reach,” he looks at her intently, ”And make some noise. If screaming is beneath you, then yell at them in anger, but draw attention to your situation.” You know I’ll come running, don’t you. But he can’t know where and when she needs him if she allows her attacker to maim and rape in silence, and then he’ll get away with it.

Not on his watch, though. He guesses that Breckin still underestimates it, in a way. He can easily think of the excuses she’ll make. It won’t happen to her like it did to others, he just said it to scare her, she doesn’t need a bodyguard because she is Leviathan, she has had warning so she will be on guard; but she can’t always be on guard. And she’s a little late to start training, even if he can get her to understand the basics. No battle reflexes. And so he knows what he’ll be doing the next year or so; he has the developed a supreme vision now to watch her without having to constantly be in her personal space or interfering with any conversation, and even if she doesn’t like it, he’ll find a way to do it in secret.

A sigh follows at the obvious change of subject though. What would she have him do - what he’s interested in. ”You’re my everything, if that wasn’t obvious yet. So anything that makes your task easier really... though... I must say I’d probably fail at diplomatic negotiations, so don’t go there.” A makeshift frown - surely she already knew that. ”I suppose if you have no other use for me, I can always try and follow you around as your personal guard.” He tugs at her mane. But she should know he’s secretly serious about it. She’s his chosen family as the brotherhood creed wild say, no, more than family. Heck, if his own family threatened her he’d still stand by her and face them. All of them. Hmm, probably a good thing that Scorch likes her - but still, it’s a point. He nuzzles her forehead. Daina, you’re my blood of choice, as they call it in Ischia. And I’m just selfishly switching rules number one and two so that I can be here with you.”

And you’re probably never getting rid of me.

HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Breckin]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Travelled half the world to say I belong to you - Breckin - by Leilan - 10-03-2018, 04:08 AM