• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Ajatar

It is clear in the way the young woman flinches from her touch that she is unused to such kindnesses. That she has never been offered a gentle touch, not even by her own mother. There is a sadness in it. In that lack. Though, in this world, it is a story too often repeated. A cancer that has embedded itself into the heart of Beqanna.

In a way, it too had played its hand in the death of her son.

But it is not poison she offers. No, it is healing. And sometimes, all healing needs is a little purpose. And that purpose is the only thing she intends to leave behind today. To give a little heart and courage back to a woman who had so long been denied it. (It’s easy to tell herself this. Easy to say this is not on entirely self-serving mission, though in truth it very much is.)

Ajatar’s confusion is palpable when she finally regains her control and withdraws, peering at Heartfire with a wrinkled brow. Heartfire’s blue eyes match hers steadily, the frankness in her gaze unsettling. “Strength is not gained overnight. Even children must practice before they can walk.” She pauses briefly, considering. “Or even before they can run.”

She stares steadily at her for a long moment, studying her still innocent features. Because whatever else she might have done, there is still far too much innocence stubbornly clinging to the scaled mare. “I am not the only one who knows this.” She pauses again, this time more weightily. “I think your lack of control and strength has been taken advantage of, and I think you have been poorly used.”

“But it does not have to be a curse if you do not wish it to be,” she finishes with meaning. If there is anyone who knows a thing or two about the dangerous ability of destructive power, it would be Heartfire.

i see your sins
    and i want to set them free

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Ajatar - by Heartfire - 10-02-2018, 07:55 AM