• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  off with your head [solace]

The Lake

He turns the words in such a way that she is suddenly sure he has been there. The musing wistfulness of his tone is not lost on her and her as she looks at him with more than passing curiosity now.

"I haven't heard it called that in an age," Tangerine, her mother, had never become used to calling them mountains Hyaline either. Many of the stories her mother told her were set under the wisteria trees of The Lake, and Solace smiles as the nostalgia tugs at her. 

"Amet passed leadership to me four years ago," she adds mildly, unsure of how close Chem had been to the dragon king. Amet had receded slowly from kingdom life after showing Solace the ropes, until one day she realized that she never saw the flash of his golden scales or his free-spirited companion anymore. He had gone, but she had always like to think he had built a life somewhere else form himself and Eione. 

"I was just about to head back if you would like to come along," she suggests, before shaking what remains of the river water from her pelt. 

S
    olace
        we're reeling through an endless fall
    we are the ever-living ghost of what once was

@[Chemdog] oh hush, i'm just as bad :p

Messages In This Thread
    off with your head [solace] - by Chemdog - 06-24-2018, 01:25 PM
    RE: off with your head [solace] - by Solace - 06-25-2018, 01:16 PM
    RE: off with your head [solace] - by Chemdog - 06-26-2018, 07:53 PM
    RE: off with your head [solace] - by Solace - 06-28-2018, 11:09 AM
    RE: off with your head [solace] - by Chemdog - 08-06-2018, 08:11 AM
    RE: off with your head [solace] - by Solace - 08-14-2018, 01:33 PM