• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

When you’re feeling beautiful, will you remember me?

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    Roseen seems puzzled, as if he was supposed to know everything about her and her life, and her feelings. For a moment, it seems as though he wants to ask her something, then he shrugs it off. "I just had that impression. But I guess you're not in love, then." he tells her. Because honestly, if she was, then she would not have reacted like this. Then she probably would not even be here or if she was, accidentally, around here then she would have had that sparkle in her eye when he inquired about him, if she was, then she wouldn't have minded about the other mares. Which he honestly, had tried to warn her about way back then in the field.

But whatever it is that seems to hang in the air between them, that he doesn't know about, he's too stupid to grasp at it. She's still smiling, and Briseis is asking a question, so he turns his head to look at the black mare. "I'm not entirely sure. There was a Kelpie bite involved also, so perhaps it's just coincidence and there has been some latent genetic potential somewhere." He seems puzzled by his own answer - he is still puzzled by it, but as he looks at Briseis again he shakes his head. "It's magic. Fickle as a flame. I really couldn't tell you exactly what caused it, but it's probably a combination of things, for such things to happen." After all, last time he'd changed, the only other time, it had been him consciously winning a prize.

She tells him about Chryseis not slowing down, and he can't help but mirror that smile of her, a bit mischievously so, even. "I had an inkling. I should visit more often." he adds, and as she gently touches him he can't help but nudge her with a shoulder like he would have any friend (though mostly male friends, he supposes - but that's what she has become, a friend he cares about, as he still hopes Roseen will be too). His smile falters at her remark of seeming sad, and he turns away, but since that puts him right back at seeing Roseen, it doesn't help much with the restraint look.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Roseen] @[Briseis]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: When you’re feeling beautiful, will you remember me? - by Leilan - 09-21-2018, 01:59 PM