• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

When you’re feeling beautiful, will you remember me?
    I want to swim away but don't know how
    Sometimes it feels just like I'm falling in the ocean
      She kept a smile on her features, even though it turned more sheepish by his question. Her eyes averted from his, an action that was soon followed by a question of her own, “Why would I be with him?” It was true that when she had visited Loess there had been something between her and the dappled gray, though brief it was. It had been more clear to her that he was a stallion who liked to get around with many mares the more she spent time with him. And that wasn’t something she wanted to be a part of, so naturally she left Loess. Leilan, however, was not so obvious about his flirtatious nature. His kindness and interest in her had seemed genuine, which is why she had fallen for him so hard. But unbeknownst to her, what she saw was nothing more than a pretty mask embedded with gold and jewels.

Then, another mare showed. Roseen took a step back so the two could speak, patiently waiting for her turn. But she couldn’t help listening to the mare’s words, and it was only then that she noticed how much Leilan had changed. She took in his new appearance with her head tilted. He had scales on his body, and even his eyes looked different. Silently she asked the same question the other mare had: What happened to him? Surely she would soon find out, so she then turned her attention to the mare. 

Leilan spoke her name, mentioned a mountain and a fairy, then asked about what she could only assume was someone else. For a moment she wondered who Briseis was, and what her relationship with Leilan was like. Perhaps they were just good friends. Yeah, best not assume the worst just yet, despite the sinking feeling she had in her gut that was gradually growing. 

And somehow, she managed to smile through it all. Completely oblivious to what was coming.
    ROSEEN
    a nomad

@[Leilan] @[Briseis] It’s fine :3 Sorry this is so short. My brain has failed me again *0*

Messages In This Thread
    RE: When you’re feeling beautiful, will you remember me? - by Roseen - 09-20-2018, 02:23 PM