• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and when i breathed - kratos

Kratos had never been deaf to the stories of what “love” had done to his family, to Queen Quark’s, to Yael’s. The crimes committed by his father’s wandering heart and the punishments paid by those left in its wake still echoed through to today. His brothers and sisters left without the profound and eager guidance of their prominent parents, Lyric and Vanquish both long dead now. In the end they were both prey to the same beasts of neglect and promises left forever broken. 

As a child the titan was quick to flame at the idea of love, how paltry the notion was in comparison to the guarantee of power that his parents shared together. Lyric was brash and a revered warrior by anyone’s measure, his father a shifting compromise of feral power and a gallant heart. They could have built a house of profound influence and even though his father’s love for the spotted mare was unquestionable, still he strayed. Lyric had been forgiving of Tarnished, his brother born of Queen Nocturnal, political reasons he had reasoned to her and she believed and she forgave. But still again he strayed, this time to the golden queen that had loved him for years. Love is what built him but it is also what tore his parent’s promised dynasty down. He could have been the heir to half of Beqanna, if his father hadn't trounced the god's favor for the flimsy reward of love sought and conquered.

But love, or something akin to it, is what soothed the storm in his tongue as she wrapped herself against his shoulder. A calmness settled the cacophony of lightning that clamored in his belly and swept warmth through his blood. A hundred unutterable words threaten to spill from his lips as he drapes his neck across her honeyed body but only a single sigh of warm breath slips across her skin.  He lets the silence swagger in the air as he moves his black muzzle across her flesh, absorbing the moment of softness so rarely felt. 

When she finally continues, a mixture of flooding pride and great sickness smote his heart at the story of her triumph and his father’s connection. “Your triumph swells my blood with pride,” he says, “even though your total disregard for my wishes boils it too,” he adds, bumping her nose with his own. "My father?" A subtle tremor of a frown twists his lips, “did he speak of me?” He asks, black ears flicking uneasily atop his heavy white head, “was my mother there?” 

Kratos

the electric titan of vanquish and lyric

Messages In This Thread
    and when i breathed - kratos - by Rhy - 06-01-2015, 12:17 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - kratos - by Kratos - 06-14-2015, 06:40 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - kratos - by Rhy - 06-17-2015, 03:00 PM
    RE: and when i breathed - kratos - by Kratos - 07-23-2015, 11:22 AM
    RE: and when i breathed - kratos - by Rhy - 08-05-2015, 09:46 AM