• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma)
    It was Aten's turn to listen in silence as the mare told him of the Hyaline kingdom she knew, referring to it as a 'sanctuary' for Beqanna's refugees, which Aten figured referred to bachelors like him, young fillies and colts who had been separated from their heads before their time, young adults, or older horses looking for a quiet life.

He too had tried to seek out refuge in Hyaline before turning to the Forest to make his presence disappear like a ghost; so far as he knew, his siblings and dam didn't know he was even alive. He hadn't heard a word from his oldest sister since she'd been taken by that stallion again, and not a word from his older brother and sister since they'd gone off to live their own lives.

Hyaline had seemed appealing at the time, and he'd gone there for a short period to see if it suited him. However, eventually, the Forest's call was too loud to resist, and he vanished into the mist as if he had never existed.

Until now; he was out of the Forest, speaking to a mare he'd never seen, talking about a kingdom he had not been back to since it's destruction. And, according to her, after she finished talking about Hyaline, still uninhabitable, which only served to deepen the stallion's pain. Whether or not he ever returned to Taiga to call it home, he wanted to see the kingdom recover from it's destruction. No land as beautiful as his old home deserved such a fate, even though it's residents had been the ones to cause it in the first place.

"No, I am afraid I lack current knowledge on the other present kingdoms," Aten informed her. "I only recently emerged from the deepest part of the Forest, and no horse has come so far in until you, so I have not yet had a companion to talk to. My knowledge is... lacking so to speak, I believe made quite obvious by how I did not know Taiga is still uninhabitable."

His warm eyes find hers, wanting to know what about the other kingdoms she has, and is willing, to share, intrigued by this mare's depth of knowledge and friendly personality.

@[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-11-2018, 07:09 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-12-2018, 06:28 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-12-2018, 05:06 PM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-14-2018, 10:27 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-15-2018, 12:16 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-15-2018, 04:35 PM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-16-2018, 12:10 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-16-2018, 06:07 AM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Aten - 09-16-2018, 06:05 PM
    RE: This Feels Like Home To Me (Ilma) - by Ilma - 09-17-2018, 03:45 PM