• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  You are cordially invited [Any & All]
    Grey Cove?

Grey Cove Foundation, she says. Either it’s as new as the day or it’s made up, but frankly, that’s about all he hears about the speech. That and the introduction as ‘M.C., Mistress of Ceremonies’. His blue eyes scan the crowd below, searching the people. Most are unrecognizable at first glance, just as he - but to be honest he knows that they will give themselves away soon. He’s always watching for the details, like Emcee’s black nails being matte, not shining black, or the way she trails the railing. His mind nagging that it might be familiar, the ways she trails her hands, but it might as well be a habit shared with someone he knows, and doesn’t have to mean anything. Does it?

His mind is pulled back into the festivities when she moves. His position on the other side of the balcony (something to do with one of the servant girls allowing him a peek at the garden from up here, though he fully well knows she had hoped to have him peek at something more - but the night is early, and she’ll have to be more patient like everybody else) is no good now that the party is down there; he considers making a more dramatic entrance by swinging his legs over the balcony and sliding down a curtain, but figures with everybody down there being not-drunk-enough he will notbe caught so well.

So he is forced to take the walk down the other stairs, as quick as he can. Grabbing a glass from somewhere, he mixes with the crowd easily in his suit and mask, although he fully well knows his copper hair is a dead giveaway in the end. Who knows who’ll notice. Recognize. For once, the tables will be turned on him, so he has to pretend to behave.

For now.

Will fix links later
    one golden dragon mask https://nl.pinterest.com/pin/180003316329930685/
    one wine red suit https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ff/61/be/...99c1a1.jpg

And I guess redhead should do it for now for you Wink
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You are cordially invited [Any & All] - by Leilan - 09-12-2018, 02:51 PM