• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

climbing out the back door, didn't leave a mark ; any
    KERRIGAN

"Hello little snake."

The blinding innocence of the greeting holds her interesting, staring unblinkingly with amused fixations at the friendly youth.  The boy appears somewhat lost in thought, glancing between her resting body and the river beyond and so she swallows the temptation to greet him back, watching with simple fascination at the subtle quirks of his features as he further ponders something.  If she could smile, she would, but her current form does not allow such a reaction, and even then she's not entirely sure if her muscles remember how to perform such a task.

But inwardly, she smiles all the same.

It is short lived though, as her own memories lapse backward, baited out by the same inquisitive nature this young lad seems to possess, easily reminiscent of the child she'd raised then abandoned.  Despite the many times she'd called upon the memory, the dread and regret it elicits never seems to fade or lessen, always left to send a chill down her spine and drop a heavy weight in her gut.

He's talking again, asking something much more philosophical then she'd think one his age could be so capable of.  And it is enough to raise her small black and white head to peer at him more directly, casting her head thoughtfully to the side in easy consideration of his inquiry.

"Then nightmares would become dreams, and I would know freedom, if only for a short while."

i am everything you've ever lost.
    i am everything you've never had.

@[abysm]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: climbing out the back door, didn't leave a mark ; any - by Kerrigan - 09-09-2018, 09:12 PM