• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Don't Turn Me Away- {Lepis}
    lepis, cleric of loess
    RUN AND TELL ALL OF THE ANGELS; THIS COULD TAKE ALL NIGHT
    i think i need a devil to help me get things right

We had not left on good terms, and the memory of the dappled stallion had been a bitter itch in the back of my mind ever since. Two months have passed, and not a day had gone by without thinking of him. He is so kind to me, gentle, forgiving - he even wants just me. That I have lingered on most, our final conversation. The response I had given him was clearly not the one he wanted to hear, but even with a myriad of nights spent thinking rather than sleeping have left me with no other alternative to the scenario.

The girl he had first met would have thrown herself willingly into his arms, exclaiming passionate love, but I am no longer that carefree girl. I'd been true to myself, and that refrain has become as familiar as the length of my own navy muzzle. I hear it when I catch his scent on the wind, and as I turn to the right, where scent and sound tells me he will be rounding a boulder not two yards from where I stand.

Greeting him is second nature, and before the echo of my name has left the hillside I have pressed my chest against his shoulder and buried my golden head in the steely iron strands of his mane. His warmth is familiar, and I release a quiet sigh as I lean against him. It's only when I inhale, pressed so tightly to his side, that I recognize the scent of another kingdom on his skin.

I pull back with a frown, the well-rehearsed apology forgotten as I ask without a trace of emotion in my voice or behind my blue grey eyes: "Sylva?"

Messages In This Thread
    Don't Turn Me Away- {Lepis} - by Arthas - 09-06-2018, 08:07 PM
    RE: Don't Turn Me Away- {Lepis} - by Lepis - 09-07-2018, 04:12 PM
    RE: Don't Turn Me Away- {Lepis} - by Arthas - 09-08-2018, 08:25 PM
    RE: Don't Turn Me Away- {Lepis} - by Lepis - 09-10-2018, 01:19 PM
    RE: Don't Turn Me Away- {Lepis} - by Arthas - 09-11-2018, 07:14 PM