• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;
    And in the darkened underpass I thought,
    "Oh Satan, my chance has come at last!"

Of course I am, she doesn’t say.

Valdis peers back over her shoulder as Abysm closes the space between them, crackling the frost underfoot. Her eyelids drift shut for a heartbeat as he touches her sentimentally. A languid smile dreamily materializes and softens the edges of her face. ”Abysm,” she prefers to say his name, to taste the sweetness of it, instead of referring him as something he isn’t. Brother. They aren’t related. They don’t even share the same mother, but all of them have been clustered together as a display of their parents’ relentless sex drive. All of them could make a separate herd. Kagerus and Solace, the Queen Mothers, and their six children all born within the past couple years. Quite a picture they paint, no?

Despite their shared blood, however, Valdis holds only love for Abysm. When her eyes open, her beauty comes together. Her molten gaze matches the rest of her body – gold, buckskin, black points – and she looks almost otherworldly. Angelic, perhaps? She would laugh at the word and scorn the idea of being so dainty and pure. That isn’t her. Beautiful, yes, but fragile? No.

Turning to face him – to breathe him in – Valdis casually looks over him and takes note of the similarities he shares with Kagerus. A brow lifts and their eyes briefly lock. ”Am I the prettiest sister?” A glance to the left and right ensures that no one is near enough to hear them. Is everyone still soundly asleep? Edging closer, she whispers, ”It’s okay. I won’t tell our siblings.” She treats Abysm to a coy smile before slipping away and staring at the surrounding hills. ”Do you think we will have more siblings in the spring?” There is a lightness in her voice despite her thoughts souring at the idea of it.

VALDIS
    But then a strange fear gripped me and I just couldn't ask.

@[abysm]

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Valdis - 08-30-2018, 02:19 PM
    RE: anyone; - by abysm - 09-02-2018, 10:31 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Valdis - 09-05-2018, 08:47 AM
    RE: anyone; - by abysm - 09-19-2018, 08:45 PM