• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Kingdom Meeting
    when my time comes around
    lay me gently in the cold dark earth

Hurricane is the first to speak, and Errant nods his appreciation of the stallion’s willingness to devote himself to whatever the kingdom needs of him. His thinking seems to align with what Errant considers to be the most common among the brothers – they each have their strengths but are ready to do whatever is required of them. “Thank you Hurricane. The Army will benefit from your experience, I’m sure.”

Brennen’s offer to lead the Army is not surprising; Errant feels he had been excellent in the position previously. He would have given the bay stallion the position immediately, but he knows that this time ruling is not the same as his last one. There are brothers here unaware of Brennen’s decades of loyal service, and Errant wishes to give them all an equal opportunity. He nods his thanks, then listens intently as Brennen informs them of the Falls request.

Errant frowns, as unsure as Brennen about the change in the neutral kingdom’s stance. As far as he knows, to be able to use the magic waters a horse must be loyal to the Falls. Why should they send a man to the Falls knowing that he will have to be more loyal to another kingdom than he is to the Brotherhood? It does not sit well with Errant, and so when he says: “I’ll consider it,” he genuinely means it. Perhaps he’ll go to the Falls himself – he’s never been.

The two children that press up against Brennen are unfamiliar, but they are clearly the older man’s children. He seems to have an awful lot of them (and that from Errant, the father of seven). The boy is of most interest, both because of his gender in this snowy kingdom and the fact that he so readily volunteers himself. “If there’s room in a year or so, I’m sure we could find a place for you.” Errant glances up at Brennen for confirmation after his gaze leaves the boy’s. He might be the king, but Brennen is his father and for now has the final say.

Kratos speaks next, commenting on the boy’s eagerness. Errant nods his agreement. That the spotted stallion desires the post of Lord Commander is no surprise to the black king. He’s no doubt that the man would excel at it. He also mentions the airforce, and Errant is not sure which he wants. He’ll have to clarify later, he reminds himself, and simply says: “Perhaps the airforce for now?” he offers.

When Crito suggests Errant’s own magic as an alternative to the water of the Falls, the black stallion smiles wryly. He has tried, more often of late, but it still far from skilled. The fox he’d practiced on last week had actually been healed of a broken leg, but he doubts that it appreciates the odd blue coloring that came with the healing. For now he doesn’t give an answer, simply a nod of his head to show that he hear. Crito volunteers for the position of Grand Maester and Errant smiles. “I have another role for you, Crito. I’d have you serve as my Hand if the position appeals to you?” The black stallion cannot imagine anyone better serving as his right hand, and while the role of Grand Maester does need filling, it is neither a dire nor immediate need.

“I will hold another meeting soon for our warriors – both those in the army as well as our new airforce.” He pauses and looks around, waiting for questions before asking for them, and knowing that the meeting is coming to an end. “If there are no further questions, I’ll end this meeting.”

e r r a n t

no grave can hold my body down
    i'll crawl home to her

[Image: leaanderrant_zpsqa4goyjv.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    Kingdom Meeting - by Errant - 07-10-2015, 12:22 PM
    RE: Kingdom Meeting - by Hurricane - 07-10-2015, 01:31 PM
    RE: Kingdom Meeting - by Brennen - 07-10-2015, 04:37 PM
    RE: Kingdom Meeting - by Dagny and Olivier - 07-10-2015, 05:30 PM
    RE: Kingdom Meeting - by Kratos - 07-11-2015, 12:01 PM
    RE: Kingdom Meeting - by Crito - 07-14-2015, 12:24 PM
    RE: Kingdom Meeting - by Errant - 07-22-2015, 01:45 PM