• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Hello everyone! [Any]
    His understanding of kingdoms is basic, but it's also correct. Beyond that, every kingdom - and every leader - tends to have a uniqueness to their ranks or purpose. I'd spent my childhood learning the history of all the kingdoms my mother and uncle could remember, so I nod at Sunblaze's reply, confirming the accuracy of it.

"That's right," I say as we begin to move forward. Ahead of us the hot springs lie in wait, but my pace is unhurried as I walk alongside the glittering stallion. "Most kingdom have two castes - war and peace. Those are fairly self explanatory, but Loess is a little different." I adjust my wings as we walk, and by the time we've rounded the large hill that is the origin of the hot spring, they are pulled tightly to my sides to protect from the cold.

I consider stepping into the water, but I know from experience that going from hot and wet to cold and wet is even more uncomfortable than just being cold, so instead I move downwind of the small pool, where the heat radiates into the air.

"In Loess, your position will depend on your individual skills, rather than how well you fit into a predetermined caste. If you are exceptionally talented at steals but nothing else, perhaps you will become a Thief. Or if you are a storyteller with a great memory, perhaps you might become a Narrator." I pause, turning to the palomino stallion with a smile in an attempt to read his reaction to what I've told him. Like I had said, we are a bit unconventional here.

Messages In This Thread
    Hello everyone! [Any] - by Sunblaze - 08-22-2018, 10:11 PM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Lepis - 08-23-2018, 07:18 AM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Sunblaze - 08-23-2018, 02:47 PM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Lepis - 08-29-2018, 11:36 AM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Sunblaze - 08-31-2018, 07:12 PM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Lepis - 09-04-2018, 07:36 AM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Sunblaze - 09-08-2018, 12:54 PM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Lepis - 09-15-2018, 10:04 AM