• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane

WOLFBANE

What Lepis tells him is exactly as Wolfbane would've guessed it. Others in his position might rush into anger about actions performed on behalf of a Kingdom, especially those taken with no warning and ending with negative success, but he’s thankful there’s no ‘other’ in his place at this particular moment. The empathetically manipulative mare was his Cleric for a reason; she was culled from birth and groomed for a future reign, the best advisor he’d ever come across and the only one he wanted at his right hand. The idea that she could’ve used Ilma as a bargaining chip was as powerful a move as it was useful.

There’s obviously no need to tell her what a brilliant strategist she is, but he does anyway. “Very mercenary of you, genius really.” Bane slips in the pause after her speech and before her request, “Seems to me you’ve proved what we’ve known all along - Hyaline is more bark than bite.” The Lord smiles, a genuinely devious thing even though his companion can’t see it from the way she’s glancing away.

It would be hard for Wolfbane to admit he admired anyone, even his mentor and guide Arthas, yet the mixture of fire and ice he watches her reveal is building something akin to that within him when it concerns the enigma that is ‘Lepis’. Thoughts of a very unprofessional nature creep into the back of his mind, refusing to vacate his sensibilities as the royal-and-créme pegasus mimics a few rolls. “Do you suppose that you could arrange a meeting with your new captors and myself? Just a casual tete-a-tete in the Riverlands, I might even bring your dashing hubby along for appearance sake. I think …” He begins, tilting himself as near as he could manage towards her with the wind to whip away any words not meant for eavesdropping ears.

“... and none will be the wiser for it.” The drake finishes, pulling away again in true cheshire cat form. Dastardly was what it was, this plan of theirs, and a hail mary at that … still, it could work in the right conditions. A giddy sort of elation courses through his veins, sending the brightly-patterned stallion spiraling downwards to flatten out again just above the River’s choppy waters. He makes as if to gallop, extending his gait to touch down lightly on the surface so that it looks as if he’s racing atop the churning rapids, sending rainbow-colored arcs of water spraying in his wake.

“Perhaps you’re just destined to be a captive your whole life!” He shouts above the cacophony, far too pleased with life in general, “We’re probably tempting fate, but I say fuck it!! What’s life without a little risk?!”

|| The Pirate Lord of Loess ||

@[Lepis]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane - by Lepis - 08-30-2018, 10:04 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane - by Lepis - 08-31-2018, 12:57 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane - by Wolfbane - 09-01-2018, 08:38 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising; wolfbane - by Lepis - 09-05-2018, 06:26 PM