• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Sea Salt & Sugar // Abysm
    She had no words to describe the place he had been traped. Even her mother's stories of far-flung places and monsters had not prepared her for what she had seen. His dream travel was a concept too grand for even her active imagination, and for a moment she finds she is speechless. 

His reaction mirrors her own in its seriousness, not allowing her the time to feel childish, or ashamed of misty eyes she wasn't refined enough to hide. He strides forward, pressing his cheek against hers, and the touch sparks a flutter in her heart which is enough to make her forget her vision anyway.  But his question calls her back, and she feels a building frustration at herself. 

"I don't know," she says with all the disappointment she feels behind the words. Her ears burn hot as anger (at herself) bubbles in her chest. If only she was stronger she could have stayed there, figured out how to help him, or to at least give him the answers he needed. For a moment she thinks of trying to go back, to take a better look, but her body has already lost too much energy from the first attempt, and she is smart enough to recognize the feeling of defeat.

The pulse in his cheek thumps against the sensitive skin of her own, and she takes a deep breath. Sibyl is not ready to draw away, for reasons she doesn't think to question, she moved forward instead, bringing her slight chest to his and her head to tilt against his withers. 

"But I was there with you," She suggests quietly, hyper-aware of their closeness. "I want you to show me that place someday... wherever it was." 

@[abysm] Feel free to reply or call it closed, I know you are a busy lady! 
    Thank you for taking me up on this! It really helped me get a feel for her & I expect they will meet again down the road Wink

Messages In This Thread
    Sea Salt & Sugar // Abysm - by Sibyl - 06-30-2018, 09:54 AM
    RE: Sea Salt & Sugar // Abysm - by abysm - 07-10-2018, 04:50 PM
    RE: Sea Salt & Sugar // Abysm - by Sibyl - 08-01-2018, 04:44 PM
    RE: Sea Salt & Sugar // Abysm - by abysm - 08-14-2018, 05:25 PM
    RE: Sea Salt & Sugar // Abysm - by Sibyl - 08-23-2018, 02:33 PM
    RE: Sea Salt & Sugar // Abysm - by abysm - 08-25-2018, 08:26 PM
    RE: Sea Salt & Sugar // Abysm - by Sibyl - 08-30-2018, 01:01 PM
    RE: Sea Salt & Sugar // Abysm - by abysm - 09-02-2018, 10:10 PM