• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Hello everyone! [Any]
    The stranger seems to be a friendly one, and the perfunctory smile that had appeared on my face shifts to something more natural, more relaxed. I do the same, leaning back to one side as the glittering stallion compliments my home. Loess is a beautiful place, even when the weather is less than desirable. I fluff my golden wings, keeping them close to my sides to act as a barrier between myself and the frigid autumn air.

I join him in looking out at the kingdom. Not much is visible here in the lowlands; high hills block the spectacular views at the heart of the kingdom. "I'd be happy to," I say. "Do you know much about traditional kingdoms? Because we aren't much like them at all. Our King has led us down a different path."

A particularly chilly gust of wind blows by us, and I shiver.

"Would you mind if I told you more as we walked?" I ask, glancing briefly at the well-worn trail that leads deeper into the hills. "There's a lovely hot spring not far from here, and I think we'd both be more comfortable there." He doesn't have wings to shield him, and while his coat is lovely, I've not heard of sparkles being especially effective against the cold.

I move one hoof forward, but it is clear that I am waiting for his answer before proceeding. If he'd rather stay here, I would humor him (such is my role as Cleric) but I would certainly rather be warm.

Messages In This Thread
    Hello everyone! [Any] - by Sunblaze - 08-22-2018, 10:11 PM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Lepis - 08-23-2018, 07:18 AM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Sunblaze - 08-23-2018, 02:47 PM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Lepis - 08-29-2018, 11:36 AM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Sunblaze - 08-31-2018, 07:12 PM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Lepis - 09-04-2018, 07:36 AM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Sunblaze - 09-08-2018, 12:54 PM
    RE: Hello everyone! [Any] - by Lepis - 09-15-2018, 10:04 AM