• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

United, We Can Take on the World {Leliana}

I know what it is but I'm hoping that all is well
    no harvest of green but it's still my heart to sell

It is amusing to watch the pair of them interact, those closeness clear in the way that the communicate, but their independent souls obvious. What a strange, wonderful life they must lead—what a strange, wonderful future lies before them. Still, she keeps such amusement from her face, not wanting it to be mistaken for anything else; instead, she watches them with quiet, solemn eyes, her gaze studious.

It’s not until they assert their fears that she lets laughter escape, the sound bubbling to the surface.

“Ah, no,” her laughter is gentle, tinkering like church bells in her mouth. She shakes her head, sending the knotted ends of her mane flying. “I am not here to eat you.” One corner of her velvet lip curls up in the corner, soft and kind, and she continues to watch them—keeping a respectful distance. “I rather prefer things that are easier on my stomach.” She lifts her head and gestures to the middle of Tephra. “Over there is actually my favorite place. The grass grows sweet and lush.” She had spent many afternoons lazily grazing there, the sun warm on her back, and some of the grass growing tall enough to tickle her belly.

She returns her gaze to the twins, wondering at the youthful imagination that warps her into something that could feasibly do any harm. “I am sorry for frightening you though.” She remembers what it is to be young—to have your mind plays tricks on you, turning innocent things into painful things, turning the light into dark. “I was just so happy at the idea of making another friend.”

Her smile turns slightly shy here, her wings still lavender and blue across her back.

“Have you always lived here in Tephra?”

I put everything I had into something that didn't grow
    like going on a wild hunt, shooting arrows without a bow

[Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    RE: United, We Can Take on the World {Leliana} - by leliana - 08-26-2018, 08:03 PM