• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tell me the way home - diplomats
    Hope you all don't mind Awkward Miss Awkwardness joining in? I would like her to see the sights so to speak xD

Just throw it back, for one more night
    On a starlit and moon-struck night.

The vines snap, unfurling like like claws of some perpetual dragon. The deeper I go, my vast red frame gnarled beyond the vines and throws, the more I realise perhaps it was wiser to stay in the confines of flat ground, viridian green backdrop and sturdy, vine-less world of the Falls. Here I was following Texas's trail like some terrible bloodhound. Going deeper and deeper into the dragon's den. Texas left very little of a trail to follow, but I thought to myself perhaps, perhaps I needed to do something other than idle in the fields, stare at my wallflower reflection all day and just spend the nights wandering the woods. Oh, yes, a little adventure indeed. But no one had mentioned that the Amazon's had such a monstrous wall of vines stopping outsiders.

And I truly was an outsider.

In the literal sense. My feathered feet were clumsy -- as they always were -- in picking their route, tripping over gnarled roots, staggering themselves beneath the bed of strange, spiky flowers. I lower my head and breathe them in, expecting the quaint aroma of a rose, perhaps even lavender. No. What I'm met with is a stung nose, my salmon muzzle twinging with trails of blood. Okay. Taking notes as I wound my titanic frame through the vines. Do not stop and sniff flowers. They will bite you back for intruding. I shake my head, pieces of vine, thorn and green leaves decorate my knotted mane. I had looked reasonably presentable when I left the Falls. Something Texas had mentioned before. I took it to heart, as ever, and I had not a single thread of bramble in my tail, or mane. Now, now I was a ramshackle mess.

I break through the vines, and see the silvery bay form, gleaming up ahead. I snort, blowing away the clouds of flies, of stagnant jungle air. Sweaty patches gleam against my coat as I wander up ahead, tossing the mess of mane out of my eyes. 'I think maybe they need to invest in a trail. You know, for us larger folk.' I snorted, a chuckle lost within my delicate voice. 'I don't think the jungle likes me, do you ever have this problem Tex--' With crimson mane from my view, I find that there are already three mares standing there alongside Texas. Oh, as per usual, I'm an awkward weed amongst gigantic roses, with budding thorns and beautiful petals.

'Oh. I'm sorry. Hello, I'm Eld, I'm from the Falls and well... your jungle sure is nice.' I cover my doubt with a smile, and then continue, emerald eyes flitting around the vast thorns, vines and the howl of the monkeys and other life beyond even that filled my squirrel earlobes. 'It er, has some getting used to. Is it always this... stuffy? The plants too they are rather... hostile. Oh, I'm sorry, I.. I'll just stand and watch if you don't mind.' Shut Up. Shut Up. I can hear the inner voice inside of me, the logical one, she slaps her hand against her forehead, giving up hope already. I square off my shoulders, rolling them gently, and lower my head to each, before silencing myself and pulling in behind Texas. He was a veteran in this, well, I hoped so, I didn't think my mass ejection of words would help -- unless you call the fact perhaps boring them to the point they wanted me out, so would agree with anything, came to mind. then maybe, maybe I did come in handy. But that thought is doubtful, yet sits in the back of my mind like a sour sweet.

The ground did fold and eat us both
    But all my love, I did devote.

- resident of the falls -

Messages In This Thread
    tell me the way home - diplomats - by Texas - 07-17-2015, 11:31 AM
    RE: tell me the way home - diplomats - by Scorch - 07-17-2015, 09:37 PM
    RE: tell me the way home - diplomats - by Rhy - 07-20-2015, 09:39 AM
    RE: tell me the way home - diplomats - by Nayl - 07-20-2015, 02:53 PM
    RE: tell me the way home - diplomats - by Eld - 07-21-2015, 03:12 PM
    RE: tell me the way home - diplomats - by Texas - 07-21-2015, 03:49 PM