• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

goddamn, i love paper like i'm michael scott // any
    {maleficar}
    My corrupt nature is empty of grace.
    His eyes drift toward the trees as their dying leaves rustle in the cold wind. This night is uneventful so far and he entertains the idea of returning to the uninhabited regions of Beqanna. But then the sound of a raven cawing noisily catches his eyes as she flutters close by. Their eyes meet for a moment and he narrows his stare in suspicion of the sleek black bird before edging closer to her perch. Perhaps he could become a raven as well and pick her little bird brain for the latest gossip in the avian world? No, he supposes that would be rather excessive of him.

Instead, he tries to mimic her call in his normal voice and then laughs softly at his pitiful attempt. The sound is warm and comforting like basking in the summer sun. It never occurs to him that this bird may, in fact, be a girl of his own species, nor does he even begin to examine her very closely. Perhaps he’s fonder of foreign things than his own kind.

You could use my shoulders as a perch if you want a better look at me, little bird,” he offers with a light smile as he turns to make landing easier for her. He doubts she’ll understand, let alone take him up on his offer. The little hat disappears in a puff of black ashes that slowly sink back to the ground where they belong. “My name is Maleficar. Do you mind if I call you Poe?

How lonely he must be to make conversation with something that doesn’t even understand him. Still, no one is giving him a judgemental side eye so he doesn’t much care.
    @[Novel]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: goddamn, i love paper like i'm michael scott // any - by Maleficar - 08-23-2018, 02:36 AM