• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

jesus christ, that's a pretty face | any
    and when I breathed, my breath was lightning
    It is a strange reunion of once queens. For a brief moment, Rhy wonders (no, not just wonders, hopes) that Brunhild will find her way into the party. Why? For so many reasons. For one, because she’s never really known if their shadow manipulating queen was alright. She had left because of injuries so grave she could no longer rule, and they had never seen her again. Maybe they shouldn’t have let her leave, but then again, who would have been able to stop her? She could have disappeared in the shadows and left them all behind.

But she wants Brunhild as well because her Queen had been the first to really accept Rhy. So much so that Brunhild had actually had Rhy zap her with a bolt of lighting. Afterward, she didn’t run or scream or look at Rhy like a monster. No, she simply told the golden girl she was amazing. After a childhood of being sent away, of her sister cowering from her, Rhy was stunned that she could be viewed as anything but a monster.

But Brunhild does not come.

She can’t let that hole in her heart stop her from helping these too. Tantalize seems to rally quickly, as if Rhy’s existence alone is enough to make the mare remember who she is and where she belongs. Once a Sister, always a Sister. She nods at Tantalize as the mare says she’s read to go home. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Tantalize. I’ve only ever heard a few tales.” And that much is true. She knows some, though certainly not all, of the history of the Amazons. Her family doesn’t extend so far back there though, and so her knowledge is hazy.

Then she turns to Prague. “It depends on what you are looking for. But you always have a home in the Jungle, no matter what. If you’d like to come, I’ll bring you both back.” Perhaps the Jungle was no longer what Prague needed. Maybe she needed the Falls, needed Texas (yes, Rhy knows some of this story, if only because her family history here does extend quite a ways back). Her great great grandmother had known Prague far better than Rhy ever has.

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

character reference here  | character info here

Messages In This Thread
    RE: jesus christ, that's a pretty face | any - by Rhy - 07-21-2015, 02:15 PM