• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    And you know I'm loaded [branka]
    Here's my cheat sheet, of sorts. Like I said, it was close, but Branka's last attack bordered on power playing, which was ultimately the deciding factor.

Killgore (3+, 6-)
    Post I
    + Like the note about location, and trying to stay on the harder sand but not in the water
    + Good note of size being a disadvantage, though warmblood legs are not typically that “lithe”, they would be built pretty similarly
    - I’m not clear on the starting position – it sounds like they are probably face to face, so when Killgore bound to the left and then moves forward after the rear, I’m not convinced she’d actually be facing her opponent anymore
    - Did she rear a second time and try to bite? It’s not clear what’s happening in this attack, and biting as a whole is not a particularly effective attack

Post II
    - Realistic damage from the hit, but really it would likely cause more muscle soreness/bruising than a cut
    + Better attack than the first one, and I can understand the horses position better here
    - You should describe where you were aiming the attack and then let your opponent describe whether or not she hits/misses (though I do appreciate the realistic aspect of the fact that horses do miss)
    - Would like to know what she does after the attack, rather than just “she takes a stance” – not clear if she’s moving or standing and where she’s attempting to put Branka in relation to her
    - Would like to see the damage effect her attack, because it would be much harder for her to buck with an injured shoulder

Branka (2+, 7-)
    Post I
    + Good note of the breed, sturdy but agile
    - How is Branka moving in parallel with Killgore? They aren’t facing the same direction, are they?
    - Not all that likely that a horses teeth would rip flesh
    - I don’t understand the attack – if they are shoulder to shoulder, a forward rear would not be in the direction of the opponent
    + Good description of where the attack is aimed (though not sure the aim is consistent with the posts) and what could happen if the opponent moved though
    - A neck injury would make it harder for your horse to move – they rely really heavily on their necks. Though a bite would not do much damage, it would be good to see the damage included in the attack (rearing requires use of the horses neck)

Post II
    - How is she standing by Killgore’s hind end? They were running in parallel? It's not clear where your horse is in relation to the other opponent.
    - What side does she move toward? Left or right? Forward, straight sideways?
    - The bite attack here basically does nothing to aid Branka, and you really can’t say where Branka’s feet hit or where the bite connected, if any. That would be up to Killdare’s post. A little too close to power playing here.

Messages In This Thread
    And you know I'm loaded [branka] - by Killgore - 07-10-2015, 10:02 AM
    RE: And you know I'm loaded [branka] - by Branka - 07-10-2015, 10:16 AM
    RE: And you know I'm loaded [branka] - by Branka - 07-14-2015, 11:42 AM
    RE: And you know I'm loaded [branka] - by Call - 07-16-2015, 09:00 AM
    RE: And you know I'm loaded [branka] - by Branka - 07-21-2015, 05:56 AM
    RE: And you know I'm loaded [branka] - by Call - 07-21-2015, 07:32 AM
    RE: And you know I'm loaded [branka] - by Kyra - 07-21-2015, 10:26 AM
    RE: And you know I'm loaded [branka] - by Kyra - 07-21-2015, 12:01 PM
    RE: And you know I'm loaded [branka] - by Call - 07-22-2015, 08:45 AM